- NICE excel graphs. Excel document for plotting jaundice levels in neonates.
- “BiliApp” for Jaundice. An app for plotting jaundice levels in neonates as per NICE guidelines (Back on the app store 24/8/19)
- NICU calculator. NICU tools including glucose utilisation rate calculator.
- Fetal/preterm growth.
- Early Onset Sepsis Calculator by Kaiser Permanente.
- QTc calculator. A free QTc calculator using Bazett’s formula.
Percentile charts and percentile calculators
- Growth Charts App – CDC and WHO. An app for plotting growth and checking centiles by either spot or serial measurements.
- BP percentiles. By Merck Manual.
- WHO and CDC percentiles measurements for length, weight and head circumference (spot measurements only).
- Fenton charts available here from MDS Manuals
- PDF growth charts. CDC and WHO charts via RCH
- BMI Calculator from the CDC with percentiles.
- Canadian Web plotter for multiple measurements onto a JPG
- Growth Analyzer. European software, providing a local program that plots measurements on a variety of growth charts. Costs ~$280AUD single user.
- Down Syndrome charts. From the CDC
- Easidose – prescription tool. Easidose is a visual prescription tool useful for families with low health literacy.
- Drug doses app. Frank Shann drug doses app.
- Neonatal emergency drugs calculator. Emergency drug dosing for neonates 23/40 – term.
Improving numerical literacy
- Icon array – communicating numerical risk. Icon Arrays provide an evidence-based way of communicating risk and improving numerical literacy.
Renal tools and calculators
- Fractional excretion of sodium. A calculator in mmol/L for the fractional excretion of sodium.
- DSM-5. This link requires hospital wifi or clinicians health channel log in to access.
Plain language writing
- CDC plain language thesaurus – a thesaurus to help make health communications clearer and avoid medical jargon.
Procedural sedation and analgesia
- Comfort Kids from RCH. A guide to sedation positioning, principles and medications (eg midazolam, topical, fentanyl).
Health information for families
- Paediatrics Online. A static website listing health information resources, sorted by topic, chosen for their quality as assessed by paediatricians from NSW. A focus on developmental, behavioural, mental health and general paediatrics focused resources.
- Emerging Minds, with Susanne Prosser, has created several resources including, an outstanding checklist for creating a welcoming organisation for trans and gender diverse children, and how to support trans and gender diverse children and their families. Both are PDF documents free to download.